Follow HannahWeasel on Twitter

Go to main website: www.hannahshawillustrator.co.uk

Monday 29 August 2011

Zambuko Community Library Project

I recently donated some of my books to a library project in Zimbabwe called the Zambuko Library Project. Friends of mine volunteered out there for a week and took quite a few of my books along! The aim of the project is to provide an educational resource for local villages in a rural area where there are virtually no books in the primary schools. Obviously it would be great if children could have books in their own language and work is being done to transcribe and photocopy books into Shona the local language. For the time being donations of books in English are appreciated. Primary schools in Bristol are linked with the primary schools in Zimbabwe and have also donated money and books to the project.

When my friends returned last week they showed me some really lovely photos of children with my books - these really made my day.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for supporting education in Zimbabwe's rural areas. Learning in these areas is neglected. There are no books, schools are spacely located, no information centres yet there are so many less privileged children who should learn.